[Oasfaa] PLUS denials and acceptance

Diana Lee dlee at snu.edu
Wed Jul 28 15:10:52 CDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question.  The majority of our Federal Direct PLUS loans are
being approved, however previously some were declined through FFEL.  The
parents are surprised at the acceptance and state they cannot afford to take
out the PLUS.  How are other schools handling this type of situation?  Do
you look at the parents inability to repay and offer the additional unsub?
 If so, what type of documentation do you require?

Thanks for your help!

--
Diana Lee
Director Financial Assistance

"An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."        Ben
Franklin

Note:This communication & attachments, if any, are intended solely for the
use of the addressee hereof.  In addition, this information & attachments,
if any, may contain information that is confidential, privileged & exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.

If you are not the intended recipient of this information, you are
prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing,
disseminating, or otherwise using this information. If you have received
this message in error, please promptly notify the sender.