[Oasfaa] Sad News- Mary Kay Ford (Platt College/Oklahoma Health Academy)

Edington, Rick redington at ogslp.org
Mon May 10 13:35:48 CDT 2010

Sad news- Mary Kay was a dear friend and colleague to many of us.

Rick,
I would like to let you know that Mary Kay Ford, Platt College/Oklahoma
Health Academy passed away Saturday. Mary Kay had not only been a
student at Platt College, but had been an employee with us for over 20
years.
During her employment with us, she worked very diligently and
passionately in any task she undertook and was extremely instrumental in
the success of our Loan Services Department, especially in regards to
our Default Management tasks. We attribute our declining default rates
to her hard work and knowledge in her job and the constant strive she
had for excellence in this endeavor.
She had wonderful and excellent relationships with all outside agencies,
including OGSLP, in all of her aspects of her job. The relationships
that she cultivated over the years resulted in her many successes in
fulfilling the obligations of her duties. She was an amazing and sincere
person and will be missed by many. Following is the information on her
services. I would appreciate it if you could forward this for me on the
listserv.
Services for Mary Kay will be Thursday, May 13 at Freedom Hills Baptist
Church, 9914 S. Highway 48 in Mannford, OK at 2:00 pm.
Flowers should go to Mannford Funeral Home, 170 Phelps Road, Mannford,
OK 74044.
The Mannford flower shop is: Flowers by Delores, 918-865-2162.
Please pass the information on to anyone you know wants it.
Donations to Mary Kay's favorite charity can be made to the American
Heart Association and you may send donations to the following address if
you would like:
Platt College
ATTN: LeeAnn
2727 W Memorial Road
Oklahoma City, OK 73134
Thank you for your assistance,

Rick Edington, Interim Executive Director
Oklahoma Guaranteed Student Loan Program
A division of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
P.O. Box 3000
Oklahoma City, OK  73101-3000
405-234-4333  fax: 405-234-4551
TTY 1-800-522-8506

Note: This communication and attachments, if any, are intended solely
for the use of the addressee hereof. In addition, this information and
attachments, if any, may contain information that is confidential,
privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law, including,
but not limited to the Privacy Act of 1974. If you are not the intended
recipient of this information, you are prohibited from reading,
disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using
this information. If you have received this message in error, please
promptly notify the sender and immediately, delete this communication
from your system.