[Oasfaa] FW: OASFAA Fall Decentralized Training

Becky Garrett bgarrett at uco.edu
Tue Nov 2 08:31:26 CDT 2010

The deadline to register and receive the free box lunch is Thursday, November 4th.   I will be placing the orders for lunch on Friday, November 5th.

Lunch will be the Standard Box Lunch prepared by Sodexho.  There will be a choice of Shaved roast turkey or smoked ham with American cheese sandwich, a bag of chips, whole fruit, two cookies, potato or pasta salad and a canned beverage.

We still have room for additional attendees.  The room we are using will accommodate 200, so please let me know if you wish to send additional people from your institution.

I have attached a list of the registrations I have received to date.  If your school has registered, please check to be sure I have the correct number attending and let me know of any changes.

Later this week Lynell Armstrong will be sending me the files for the handouts for the Cost of Attendance session.  Once I have received the files I will send them as an attachment so that you will be able to print the handouts prior to attending the training.

Looking forward to seeing you on November 11th.

Becky Garrett
Assistant Director for Technical Services
Office of Student Financial Aid
University of Central Oklahoma
100 N. University
Edmond, Oklahoma  73034
405-974-5325
Fax:  405-340-7658

What:  Fall 2010 Decentralized Training

When:   Thursday, November 11th, Registration 9:30  - 10:00, Training 10:00 - 11:45, Lunch 12:00 - 1:00, Training 1:00 - 3:30

Where:  Moore-Norman Technology Center, Franklin Road Campus, 4701 12th Avenue, Norman, Oklahoma

Come one, come all for a free day of training.  The morning session will be a presentation on Net Price Calculators by Matt Orem.  Matt Orem is the Director for College Access Initiatives at the University of Texas at Austin Institute for Public School Initiatives (IPSI). His work with Net Price Calculators in Texas helped guide state and federal legislation to improve higher education transparency and access to low-income families.

The afternoon session will be a presentation on Cost of Attendance, presented by Lynell Armstrong, Financial Aid Director at Gordon Cooper Technology Center, Shawnee, Oklahoma.

Since the room will accommodate 200 attendees, please respond to my email address the number of people attending from your institution.  This will also provide me with an accurate lunch count.  OASFAA will be providing a free box lunch between sessions.

**Bronze+Blue=Green** The University of Central Oklahoma is Bronze, Blue, and Green! Please print this e-mail only if absolutely necessary!

**CONFIDENTIALITY** This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized disclosure or use of this information is prohibited.