[Oasfaa] OTAG

Magee, Irala imagee at osrhe.edu
Tue Apr 19 13:55:01 CDT 2011

For those of you that were unable to attend the Regent's Update Friday
morning at the OASFAA conference, I would like to give a short summary
of the OTAG information.

1.  Immediate in-state status for full-time active duty military
personnel, spouses and dependent children stationed in Oklahoma will
make these students eligible for OTAG beginning in 2011-2012.  Because
these students may have indicated a state of legal residence other than
Oklahoma on the FAFSA, they may not appear on a pre-populated claim
form.  Please add the students that qualify under this provision of the
State Regents' Residency Policy and indicate in the final column that
they are being added due to this policy change.

2.   Early evaluation of the FAFSA information indicates another
significant increase in the number of eligible applicants.  We are
anticipating that the 2011-2012 FAFSA filing cut off date for OTAG
eligibility will be March 15, 2011.  This is a projected deadline based
on current information.  We cannot be confident of a filing deadline
until the budget allocation is set for the program sometime in late May.
As you may know we do not expect to receive funding through the LEAP
program this year.  Please be aware that we will also be changing the
filing deadline that will be published with the 2012-2013 FAFSA to March
1, 2012.

Irala K. Magee

Director of Scholarship and Grant Administration

P.O. Box 108850

Oklahoma City, OK  73101-8850

(405) 225-9378

Fax (405) 225-9392