[Oasfaa] Oklahoma high school graduation tests

Kandi Molder kmolder at okwu.edu
Mon Dec 5 15:27:50 CST 2011

I was at FSA in Vegas and was talking to Trevor Campbell and also David Bartlett (KC office) about a student who had passed the coursework for graduation but did not pass the Texas state test that is required for graduation.  I was told by both that this student would need an ATB test in order to be eligible for aid because the student did not have a high school diploma.

My question is what are Oklahoma universities doing now that Oklahoma has state mandated tests for high school graduation.  Are these ATB students since they do not have a high school diploma?  My Registrar mentioned that they could be accepted up to a certain percentage or number per school.  According to ED trainers, these students are not eligible for Title IV aid until 6 credits or an ATB test are passed.  Are you awarding aid to students who do not pass the Oklahoma graduation tests?

Kandi Molder

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.