[Oasfaa] LEAP

Magee, Irala imagee at osrhe.edu
Fri Mar 4 16:30:49 CST 2011

As many of you know, recent federal legislation has effectively
eliminated LEAP grants to states for 2011-2012.  While this is a setback
to funding our Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant program, it represents only
about 5% of the total funds used for the grant.  State appropriations
account for the remaining 95%.  We will make every effort to fund
eligible students whose FAFSA applications are received by March 15th,
the "priority consideration" deadline printed on the 2011-2012
application.  As soon as we can evaluate eligible applications and
determine available state appropriations we will announce the official
FAFSA filing cutoff for the year.

Irala K. Magee

Director of Scholarship and Grant Administration

P.O. Box 108850

Oklahoma City, OK  73101-8850

(405) 225.9378

Fax (405) 225-9392