[Oasfaa] "Up the Alley" Citizens Caring for Children OASFAA fund raiser

Nancy Vollertsen nvollertsen at uco.edu
Thu Apr 5 14:19:17 CDT 2012

It doesn't seem possible but Spring Break is over, 2012/13 is upon us, and next week is the Spring 2012 OASFAA conference in Norman! "We're in the Game" promises to be one of our best conferences ever, and as you know Citizens Caring for Children will once again be the beneficiary of our charitable fund raiser. Since our entertainment Thursday night will be at a bowling alley, we've decided that "Up the Alley" is the perfect name for our exciting contest. The teams have been formed and you should be hearing from your team captains very soon. They all want to be the team that bowls a strike and not be one left with too many pins standing. The penalty for the losers hasn't been determined, but will certainly be entertaining!

As we've mentioned in previous e-mails this year we are collecting gift cards to be used by mentors to the children in foster care. The gift cards can be from anyplace the mentors and children can go together. It can be educational (museums), entertaining (zoo, movies, amusement parks) or restaurants. Use your imagination and dig deep!

Citizens Caring for Children serves hundreds for children in foster care each month. In their latest newsletter they gave the following statistics for the numbers for the last six months of 2011:

June                      286
July                        599
August                  319
September         301
October               251
November          206
December           405

As you can see the need is great and anything we can do is appreciated so much.

See you on April 11th!!

Nancy Vollertsen
Financial Aid Counselor
University of Central Oklahoma
100 N. University Drive
Box 162
Edmond, OK  73013
(405) 974-2379

**Bronze+Blue=Green** The University of Central Oklahoma is Bronze, Blue, and Green! Please print this e-mail only if absolutely necessary!

**CONFIDENTIALITY** This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information. Any unauthorized disclosure or use of this information is prohibited.