[Oasfaa] FAFSA on the Web Outages and College Goal Sunday

Dustin Davidson Dustin.Davidson at mntc.edu
Thu Feb 9 13:37:12 CST 2012

As many of you prepare for your College Goal Sunday events I wanted you to be aware that FSA has scheduled website maintenance (including FAFSA on the web) this Sunday from 5 am to 1 pm.

Justin Draeger (NASFAA President) has sent the following email to let us know that NASFAA is actively trying to get FSA to reschedule the maintenance.

Good Morning Folks -

FSA has scheduled website maintenance this Sunday that could result in website outages (including FAFSA on the Web) between 5:00 AM and 1:00 PM. (See http://ifap.ed.gov/eannouncements/020812FSAWebSystemOutage021212.html). I reached out to FSA leadership this morning and very strongly urged them to reschedule this maintenance given number of College Goal Sunday events taking place around the country. If you are hearing from members or state presidents on this issue, please let them know we are on top of it. If we fail to get a resolution by this afternoon, we will go to the Under Secretary's office and on up the chain. I'm hopeful this will be rectified today.

Justin

Thank you,

Dustin Davidson

SWASFAA Legislative Committee Chair