[Oasfaa] More Work Study Questions

Jaclyn Riley jriley at carlalbert.edu
Tue May 1 08:55:21 CDT 2012

Hey Everyone,

With the State doing a payroll conversion we are going to have to change
the way that we pay our Federal Work Study students.  It has always been
twice a month (on the 15th and the last day of the month) but now our
options will be either bi-weekly or once a month.  Our institutional work
study students are currently paid once a month but my thought is that it
will hurt our Federal Work Study students if we move to a once a month
payroll for them as well.  Also, we are being told that there will be no
paper checks issued, everyone will have to have direct deposit. What I am
reading in the handbook is that we aren’t allowed to do that, we have to be
able to provide a reasonable alternative for them to receive their pay
check.  So after all of that, my question is how often do you pay your
Federal Work Study students and by what means?  All input is greatly
appreciated!!

Jaclyn Riley

Carl Albert State College

jriley at carlalbert.edu