[Oasfaa] Citizens Caring for Children

Kelly Harjo-Cox kharjo-cox at stgregorys.edu
Mon Apr 1 09:18:09 CDT 2013

For those of you who are new to the world of financial aid and even for
those of you who have been around a long time, it is once again that
time of year when we want to support OASFAA's community project,
Citizen's Caring for Children.  Citizen's Caring for Children provides
help and resources to foster children in the Oklahoma City area.  One of
their programs that is very special to our community is their mentoring
program.  Foster children are given a mentor through CCC.  Because adult
role models can change frequently in the lives of foster children, the
Citizens Caring for Children Mentor Program is dedicated to matching
foster children with a mentor who provides a positive, stable
relationship.  In order to help defray the cost to the mentors we have
once again decided to collect gift cards.  The gift cards we are asking
each of you to donate are cards for places of entertainment (i.e.
restaurants, movies, sporting events, shopping sprees, museums, etc.).
Think about things you would like to do with your loved ones and donate
gift cards for those activities.  We are hoping for a really big turn
out on the gift cards since this will be our last year supporting this
charity on an annual basis.  The board has voted to extend our support
to other agencies and beginning next year the Local Arrangements
Committee will select the charity we will support each year.

Thank you in advance for your support and look forward to seeing you the
third week in April!

Kelly A.Harjo-Cox

Director of Financial Aid Services

T 405.878.5396