[Oasfaa] Another change to TEACH!

Jonna Raney jonna.raney at okbu.edu
Mon Apr 29 08:20:59 CDT 2013

Okay! I'm not one to complain... (ok, stop laughing!) but they've changed the TEACH amount again!. So, now that we've been disbursing at the reduced amount of 12.6% of elig amount ($3496 for most students at our school) we have to go back and give them a new amount of only 7.1% reduced amount of original ($3716 for most of our students.) Students are going to think we have lost our minds!

Don't get me wrong. I'm grateful for the additional funds (except that it's still a reduction from the $4000 they were getting) but come on, let's get it right and quit messing with the awards and creating havoc for these kids who are trying to figure out if they can afford to go to school. I won't even mention the additional work for our offices. Well, I guess I did mention it, but that's not the main problem.

Okay, rant over. Now, everyone get back to work and let's get those TEACH grants recalculated and revised awards sent out. :-) (Don't forget to send them out for 2013-14 as well if you're awarding for next year!) The Iraq-Afghanistan Service Grant percentage also changed from only a 10% reduction instead of the previously announced 37.8%, so while you're at it, make those changes as well.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Jonna