[Oasfaa] Loan question

Kandi Molder kmolder at okwu.edu
Tue Nov 26 09:37:00 CST 2013

I was in a Program Integrity Session with Jamie Malone, a training officer for ED, and she made reference to this.  We had never done this.  So, I wanted to make certain I understood her correctly.  I emailed her and this was her response.

“A student may borrow a full annual loan limit in one semester if that semester's cost of attendance is high enough to allow it, when taking into account other aid he receives for the semester.”

We have done it a few times since that point but only in unique situations. I have them sign stating that they understand they are using their annual loan limit and are not eligible for any additional loans from any school until after July 1.

I hope this helps.

[OWU Email Signiture_Financial Aid]

Kandi Molder

Director of Financial Aid
Oklahoma Wesleyan University

2201 Silver Lake Road   Bartlesville OK 74006
Office: 918.335.6237    Fax: 918.335-6811
www.okwu.edu<http://www.okwu.edu/>

Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/OKWUniv<http://twitter.com/OKWUniv>
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/OKWUNiv<http://facebook.com/OKWUniv>