[Oasfaa] Pell at two institutions for the same payment period

Karen Jeffers karen.jeffers at tulsacc.edu
Tue Oct 15 17:59:46 CDT 2013

Looking for the collective wisdom of the group!

We have a student who began our fall semester on August 19.  During the transfer monitoring process we discovered that the student had been paid 50% of the scheduled pell award at another institution in mid-August; therefore, we cancelled all of the federal student aid we had awarded to the student.  The other institution has now completed an R2T4 for only a few days of attendance in August and has reduced pell to a very small percentage of the scheduled award.  The other school's fall semester also runs August to September.  Student is requesting federal aid at our school.   In this scenario, can we pay this student pell for the same payment period that other school has completed an R2T4 for?  If you could please provide a link or reference to regulatory guidance relevant to this case.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Karen

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CEC9CF.C7837EE0]