[Oasfaa] Title III

myrna cross myrna.cross at wosc.edu
Wed Mar 5 11:15:20 CST 2014

Good Morning,

I just thought I'd send out a reminder for anyone who may need to know
this...Friday, March 7th is the deadline for applying for the "Request for
Designation as an Eligible Institution under the following Title III
programs" in order for your institution to be granted the waiver of
matching SEOG and CWS funds.

For some reason I never see anything posted on ifap about this application
deadline and it always catches us off guard. I thought of it this morning
and went online to check the report deadline and there it was, Friday!!!
Our Dean of Students is gathering data now to complete it.  We had a five
year waiver but it expires this year.

One more note, even if you have a five year waiver, if anyone on your
campus applies for any title III grant, if your school did not complete the
application for that year, they are not eligible to complete a new grant
application for that year.  I'm not an expert on this so don't take my word
for it but it does state that on the application.

I remember a few years ago our criminal justice department (I think)
applied for some type of title III grant monies.  We had our financial aid
waiver for five years and our Dean at that time had opted to not complete
the application the previous year.  The dept wrote the grant and submitted
it only to have it returned to them because we didn't have a new
application submitted for that year.

Sorry for the long message....hope this helps someone.
Have a good day!!

*Myrna Cross*
*Director, Financial Aid*
*Western Oklahoma State College*