[Oasfaa] proof of death

myrna cross myrna.cross at wosc.edu
Wed May 21 09:54:56 CDT 2014

Good Morning,
I'm trying to get a student loan forgiven for a student who was killed last
year in January.  I called the loan servicer at the time and they said they
would make note.  They asked for the name of the funeral home etc.

He is still showing up on our delinquent borrower list and his loan is
about to default.  I have attempted to call his mother who lives out of
state but have had no response from her.  The lady from PHEAA said they
must have an original death certificate.

This is very frustrating!!!  Someone at OASFAA said they look up death's on
a Soc. Sec. website.  Do any of you remember who said that or know what
website that would be?  There has to be some other way to certify to the
servicer that this student is deceased.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!!

*Myrna Cross*
*Director, Financial Aid*
*Western Oklahoma State College*
*2801 N. Main*