[Oasfaa] FW: [SWASFAA Team Chatter] Leadership Development Workshop

Schmerer, Mendy M. (HSC) Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu
Mon Sep 22 09:50:13 CDT 2014

Oh, just some more "chatter" from me!

Thanks, everyone, and happy Monday!

Mendy Schmerer, M.Ed.
Assistant Director
Office of Student Financial Aid
1106 N. Stonewall, Rm 301
Oklahoma City, OK  73117
(405) 271-2118, x 48817 (p)
(405) 271-5446 (f)
Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu
http://www.ouhsc.edu/financialservices/SFA/

 Become our fan on Facebook:  www.facebook.com/OUHSCFinancialAid

-----Original Message-----
From: SWASFAA Team Chatter [mailto:blog at swasfaa.org]
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 9:43 AM
To: Schmerer, Mendy M. (HSC)
Subject: [SWASFAA Team Chatter] Leadership Development Workshop

SWASFAA Team Chatter has posted a new item, 'Leadership Development Workshop'

Did everyone survive the peak of the season?  One more August in the books, right?  Now, just to get that pesky FISAP done and crossed off your to-do list.  And the 2016 aid year set up will be looming in the blink of an eye. 2016?  That just can’t be possible!

With all the other things you have to do, I’m here to add one more to your list.  I am sure by now you have seen the plethora of reminders about the SWASFAA events in November.  Specifically, I would like to remind you about the inaugural SWASFAA Leadership Workshop.  It is being held Wednesday morning, November 5, from 7:30-12:00.

While SWASFAA’s Boot Camp is often geared for those new to financial aid or those who need a refresher, often the emerging leaders in our profession are not targeted with leadership development opportunities.  After polling the membership, we realized how much we, as an association, need to create some of those opportunities.

If you are at all interested in developing those leadership traits that are essential to moving to the next rung on the leadership ladder—in your office, in your association, and your personal development—this 4 hour workshop is for you!

We will begin with breakfast at 7:30 and move quickly into a jam-packed agenda on which the Leadership Development Committee has been hard at work.  For a mere $75, you will perform the True Colors assessment and learn how best to use, and strengthen, your colors, and work successfully with those who exhibit different colors than you, you will hear from the Leadership Development Committee about the 5 most essential topics of leadership in a financial aid office, and you will have the opportunity to “speed date” with the SWASFAA Board and Committee chairs and NASFAA leadership.

We are intentionally limiting the size of the audience in order to create the best opportunities possible, in our limited amount of time, for discussion, development, and networking.  Reserve your spot today before we reach maximum capacity!

For the specifics on the agenda and a link to register, please visit the Workshop’s site.  Hope to see you in New Orleans!

You may view the latest post at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v1/url?u=http://swasfaa.org/b/associationnews/lworkshop/&k=7DHVT22D9IhC0F3WohFMBA%3D%3D%0A&r=3FzektddOA%2BuX1sZs6OX4Y4OSdCLjHnFYl%2FJvLARkCU%3D%0A&m=6dZS8RS%2FtHv4aBDnqSs9inK%2F4QwQlQtRDwL80CVL5wk%3D%0A&s=8d562db90cf5aa129861eae9e6d712382ffa8ab3a52f69050ae2b8655f905fa5

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are posted.