[Oasfaa] request for an increase in loan amounts

Kandi Molder kmolder at okwu.edu
Tue Apr 28 20:02:10 CDT 2015

Good afternoon,

We are working on creating a request for loan increases.  Currently, we take the annual loan amount and divide it by the terms in which a student is enrolled for standard packaging.  Our issue is with our adult programs.  We awarded the full annual amount up to budget this year but had a lot of students using their loan money early in the year and then being short when they added classes for the 3rd term.

We would like to create a loan request form that a student could submit if he/she would like more than 1/3 of the loan in a given trimester.  Our initial package for every student would be 1/3 the annual amount but they could request more if he/she wanted.  It would include language of over-borrowing and also the risk of using your annual limit too soon in the award year.

Does anyone have that form or wish to offer us advice?

Thank you!

Kandi Molder
Director of Financial Aid

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.