[Oasfaa] IPEDS and tuition assistance

myrna cross myrna.cross at wosc.edu
Fri Feb 6 08:50:21 CST 2015

Good Morning!!
I wanted to see how other schools are coding Tuition Assistance on the
IPEDS. The call center told me yesterday not to include military TA
anywhere else on the report now because they are asking for the information
by itself.  The lady I spoke to also acted like I shouldn't have reported
it last year because she said it's VA.

 I gave her the names of two different people at IPEDS that I had emailed
and called last year about TA and the final decision was that it was
Estimated Financial Assistance and not Veteran's Benefits and should be
included.  They did give conflicting answers at first.

I guess I'll leave them out on the rest of the report as EFA this year but
just wanted to know if any of you are reporting them differently.

Thanks and have a GOOD WEEKEND!!!

*Myrna Cross*
*Director, Financial Aid*
*Western Oklahoma State College*