[Oasfaa] SAP question

Jonna Raney jonna.raney at okbu.edu
Fri Jun 12 12:10:34 CDT 2015

Just when you think you've seen it all.....I have a student who took 6 concurrent hours at OBU in spring. She is an incoming freshmen for fall. When I ran my suspension processes in Banner, it suspended her because she had a D and an F. (My first thought is that she may want to reconsider attending OBU full-time if that's the best she can do, but that's not the point of my email.)

So, I was going to change her back to a good SAP status but then I started questioning myself. She isn't meeting the 67% or the gpa for SAP (obviously) and even though she wasn't a degree seeking student in spring, should she be suspended and forced to appeal just as we would treat an incoming transfer student in this situation? I'm tempted to play it safe and go this route and it may be a good wake up call for her, but I don't want to do that if it's simply wrong.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Jonna