[Oasfaa] IRS Hacked

Good, Linda linda.good at okstate.edu
Wed Jun 17 14:55:35 CDT 2015

There was quite a bit of chatter about it on the Finaid-L listserv yesterday.  One individual contacted ED and was told that the consequences for our FAFSA filers due to the IRS being hacked was that they could no longer use the online Get Transcript service because IRS took it down.  I haven’t seen any evidence that the IRS DRT is no longer available at all.  We’ve loaded ISIRs just this week and the parents used the IRS DRT successfully as recently as June 10.  Since the breach was in the news May 27, I’m thinking the IRS DRT is still working.

Linda Koehn Good
Assistant Director, Client Services
Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid
Oklahoma State University
119 Student Union | Stillwater, OK 74078
405-744-7859
financialaid.okstate.edu<www.financialaid.okstate.edu>