[Oasfaa] FW: [SWASFAA Team Chatter] Updates from Texas President Shannon Crossland

Schmerer, Mendy M. (HSC) Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu
Wed May 4 07:30:35 CDT 2016

I love these SWASFAA blog updates!

Mendy Schmerer, M. Ed.
Assistant Director
Office of Student Financial Aid
1106 N. Stonewall, Rm 301
Oklahoma City, OK 73117
405/271-2118, x 48817 (p)
405/271-5446 (f)
Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu
http://www.ouhsc.edu/sfs/
From: SWASFAA Team Chatter [blog at swasfaa.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2016 2:51 PM
To: Schmerer, Mendy M. (HSC)
Subject: [SWASFAA Team Chatter] Updates from Texas President Shannon Crossland

SWASFAA Team Chatter has posted a new item, 'Updates from Texas President
Shannon Crossland'

Greetings SWASFAA!

In upcoming blog posts, we'll take some time to peek into each individual state
within our region and see what they are up to. We begin this series with an
update from the Texas Association of Financial Aid Administrator's President,
Shannon Crossland.

--Erika Cox

Sent on behalf of TASFAA President, Shannon Crossland

I want to thank you for the opportunity to serve and represent SWASFAA for
TASFAA and the Leadership.  I am proud of this opportunity and thankful and
honored to follow many in our Association who have paved the way.

During 2015-16, TASFAA has focused bringing back the traditions and values
TASFAA was formed on.  TASFAA continues to focus on who we are, why we were
formed, and the history and core values of our Association leading up to
TASFAA’s 50th celebration.

The TASFAA Board continues to work closely with the TASFAA committees to
encourage member participation in outreach activities, utilize social media
platforms as an educational tool for higher education resources, initiate
contacts with other state and regional financial aid associations to provide
financial aid program education, include professional development activities for
student financial aid administrators, market volunteerism and involvement within
the association, and extend invitations to past TASFAA leaders to share best
practices and lessons learned.  Below are some highlights of committee work:

        Awards & Scholarships published TASFAA’s professional development
scholarship opportunity on our website for our upcoming New Aid Officer’s
Workshop.
        Communications & Social Media launched the TASFAA LinkedIn page as a means for
communication, networking, and sharing best practices.  Please take a few
moments to join our LinkedIn Group - https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.linkedin.com_groups_8494203&d=CwIDaQ&c=qRnFByZajCb3ogDwk-HidsbrxD-31vTsTBEIa6TCCEk&r=-Lnq0C7sCiFyP0whbJJ3dxf5JnVjhYZXejVPgZDRGLk&m=BINnB4BDcc4a7iabNQhTVKRLDHSQk9KdBbORawyAv5s&s=gx4n4rOla2tRw5okN8tLeftg_21ilx-k565CIP8xhaE&e= .
        Conference committee is working hard to provide informative sessions and
secure speakers and special guests.
        Constitution and Bylaws is comparing policies and procedures with the TASFAA
Constitution & Bylaws to ensure consistency between the two documents.
        Early Awareness is already working on planning for NT4CM training to begin as
early as the first of September 2016 for the early FAFSA release.
        Legislative issues updated the TASFAA position paper for members to utilize
during Hill visits for those who attended the NASFAA Leadership & Legislative
Expo.
        Membership committee has set a goal of 165 memberships for this year.
Currently, we are at 152 in memberships.
        Regional Training was a huge success this year.  Trainings were conducted in
Houston, Dallas Fort-Worth, Lubbock and Austin
        New Aid Officer’s Workshop will be May 23-25 at the Hilton Arlington.

The TASFAA Nominations for 2016-17 are now being accepted.  Positions available
for nomination are President-Elect and Board Member (four positions).  The
President-Elect position will serve as President-Elect in 2016-2017, President
in 2017-2018, and Past President in 2018-2019.   Board Member positions will
serve a two-year term for 2016-17 and 2017-18.

As President of TASFAA, I am very pleased of the mentor program I started with
our award winners this year.  Award winners have been attending our Board of
Director meetings and involved as observers in Email communication and overall
policy and procedure applications.

Thank you all for all you do for SWASFAA and your respective State
Associations.

Sincerely,
Shannon Crossland
TASFAA President 2015-16
Texas Tech University

You may view the latest post at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__swasfaa.org_b_stateissues_tasfaaupdate_&d=CwIDaQ&c=qRnFByZajCb3ogDwk-HidsbrxD-31vTsTBEIa6TCCEk&r=-Lnq0C7sCiFyP0whbJJ3dxf5JnVjhYZXejVPgZDRGLk&m=BINnB4BDcc4a7iabNQhTVKRLDHSQk9KdBbORawyAv5s&s=3ii0XUbUJOyPJeY-TxauIag8flkyzee2hTE5Z2Tm_ro&e=

You received this e-mail because you asked to be notified when new updates are
posted.