[Oasfaa] Garnishing Federal Aid Refunds

Machelle Ellis mellis at mscok.edu
Wed Sep 21 16:53:12 CDT 2016

I have something new I've never seen before so y'all help me out!

Our school uses a 3rd party servicer to do our FA refunds (Herring Bank).
Today, a student brought in a letter from OK Dept. of Human Services Child
Support Services saying they had put a levy on this students federal
financial aid refund through Herring Bank.

Can a student's financial aid refund be garnished for back child support?

Thanks for your input!

--

Machelle Ellis

Director Financial Aid & Academic Support Services

Murray State College

One Murray Campus

Tishomingo, OK  73460

580-387-7221

580-371-9528 fax

"Mission Statement:  Murray State College Provides Opportunities for
Student Learning, Personal Growth, Professional Success, and Community
Enhancement"

*Confidentiality Statement:** The information contained in this message (or
any attachment) may be confidential. If the reader is not the intended
recipient, dissemination, copying, or using such information is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify me by
replying to the sender's email address or by telephone.*