[Oasfaa] Oklahoma's Promise communication

Alexander, Carol calexander at osrhe.edu
Mon Sep 25 10:38:53 CDT 2017

Good Morning!

Oklahoma's Promise sent out a mass communication to all college-age OKPromise students this past Friday evening through phone calls, text messages and email.  The communication is providing information to the students regarding the changes  to the program as a result of the 2017 legislative session.  Information is available on our website at www.okpromise.org<http://www.okpromise.org> regarding the changes.  However this particular message emphasized the increased frequency of checking the second income limit beginning next year.  As you know, beginning in 2018-19, the second income limit will be applied EACH year to ALL OKPromise students enrolled in postsecondary education, not just incoming freshmen.

With the upcoming 2018-19 FAFSA opening, we are trying to notify students that in order to remain eligible for OKPromise, they will be required to file the FAFSA every year!  Many of you already encourage or require your students to file the FAFSA.  Please help us spread the word that it will be required for ALL OKPromise students beginning in 2018-19.

This message is going out to around 25,000 students statewide broken up into two groups (the first went out on Friday, the second will go out in a couple of days).  I have attached the message for your information.  Please keep in mind that our contact information for the students may not be as up to date as yours, so if you could also share the information with your students, it would be greatly appreciated.

Carol Alexander
Assistant Director
Scholarship and Grant Administration