[Oasfaa] Disaster Relief

Perry Diehm pdiehm at mail.snu.edu
Mon Sep 25 17:29:29 CDT 2017

I am sure we do as South Texas is one of our regional areas.  i have not
had anyone ask yet, but would be supportive if they do.  The tricky thing
is sometimes how to document their losses.  I have done this a few times at
my former school and usually there was some job loss or interruption which
could be counted as income loss and after a few weeks they could get me
something from the insurance agency as to what the material losses to
property were.  I had a couple families who did not have insurance and so
they were able to get something from a disaster relief organization which
at least estimated their losses.  Right now I can;t remember if it was FEMA
or a more local agency, but I would take documentation from either.

Hope this helps!

Perry

--
Perry Diehm
Director of Student Financial Assistance

Office 405-491-6310
Fax 405-717-6271

Strengths Finder info: Context, Connectedness, Learner, Input, WOO

"God does not call the equipped, he equips the called"