[Oasfaa] Greetings

Alicia Smith Alicia.Smith at metrotech.edu
Thu Aug 9 07:59:25 CDT 2018

Good Morning,

I know everyone is busy with classes starting or getting ready for classes to start.  I want to take a minute to thank everyone who responded to my last email and volunteered to help out on one of the various committees.  We can always use more people. More people, more ideas.  I have listed a description of the committee's below. Please contact me if you are interested in serving on any of the three committees.

Remember your colleagues are here if you have questions, concerns and comments, feel free to reach out on the list serve. Speaking of the list serve, it is a great place to post job opportunities, retirements, promotions and other relevant information.

Besides looking for people to help the chairs on the committees below, we are looking for a couple of volunteers to help with site selection.

The duties listed below are for the chairs of the committees, however I believe they are a great description of what assistance is needed as well.

Program Chair duties

Form a committee to create the program agenda for the conference and have meetings as needed.

Work closely with the Conference Chair to meet necessary deadlines.

Attend the Board meetings and discuss the tentative agenda and seek guidance from the Board as necessary.

Find presenters and moderators for each of the sessions.

Send letters to each of the presenters and moderators informing them of the date, time, and place of their sessions as well as request any audio/visual needs.

Work closely with the hotel on the audio/visual requirements.

During the conference and prior to sessions, monitor meeting room conditions, room temperature, A/V equipment placement, and adequate seating.

Arrange hotel accommodations and travel for guest speakers or presenters as appropriate.

Work closely with the President and Conference Committee to determine a keynote speaker.

Write thank you notes to presenters/moderators/committee members as appropriate.

Local Arrangements Chair duties

Form a committee to create the menu and decorations for the conference and have committee meetings as needed.

Work closely with the Treasurer and Conference Chair to determine the headcounts that will be given to the hotel by their required deadline(s).

During the conference, communicate with the hotel contact if there are any problems with the meal or break set-up.

Responsible for getting the tables decorated in time for the meal functions.

Help with the Service Project as directed by the Conference Chair.

Attend the Board meetings to provide update on local arrangements.

Attend the hotel exit interview if one is conducted.

Entertainment Chair duties

Form a committee if necessary and have committee meetings as needed.

Work with Conference Committee and President to create an entertainment venue or idea that corresponds with the theme of the conference.

Responsible for securing the entertainment and requesting any deposits necessary from the Treasurer.

Attend the Board meetings and provide update on entertainment.

Communicate any special needs such as A/V or stage as soon as possible to the Conference Chair so that it can be requested from the hotel.

Should you have any suggestions, questions or concerns you would like to make the board aware of please contact one of the Delegate at Large, Ashlee Sneary, asneary at nwtech.edu<mailto:asneary at nwtech.edu> or Lori Deardorff, ldeardorff at snu.edu<mailto:ldeardorff at snu.edu>.

Thank you.

Alicia Smith, BS,ML
Financial Aid Director/Certifying VA Offical
Metro Technology Centers
1900 Springlake Drive
OKC OK 73111
405-595-4437