[Oasfaa] Oklahoma's requirement to get all FAFSA data for all students

Good, Linda linda.good at okstate.edu
Mon Dec 3 14:59:13 CST 2018

For those of you who were able to travel to Atlanta to the FSA Conference, I hope you returned home safely and uneventfully.  Friday evening weather was a challenge, to put it mildly.

I went to the Skip Logic - What's the Question? session #30 at FSA (highly recommended for viewing when they put out the audio presentations, in my opinion) and was reminded that Oklahoma is one of fourteen states that does not allow our resident students to skip income and asset questions on the FAFSA, even though the information they have to provide doesn't give a different EFC than if they had been able to benefit from the skip logic.  Can someone remind me why that is?  It seems like it's tied to the OTAG program, but my memory is fuzzy.

The presentation was impressive in showing how many screens/questions some students get to skip due to how they answer certain questions.  It's unfortunate none of our Oklahoma students, especially our needier students, benefit from that.

Thanks,
Linda

Linda Koehn Good, M.S.
Associate Director, Client Services
Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid
Oklahoma State University
119 Student Union | Stillwater, OK 74078
405-744-7568
financialaid.okstate.edu<https://financialaid.okstate.edu/>

[cid:image001.png at 01CD3500.5B9D73D0]<financialaid.okstate.edu>