[Oasfaa] 2019 Conference Presenter and Moderators Needed!!!!

Melanie Rinehart M.Rinehart at sscok.edu
Tue Dec 18 09:36:07 CST 2018

Good morning to all of my fellow FAA'ers!

I hope my email finds everyone doing well! This is the annual call (plead) to all of you outstanding OASFAA members to volunteer as a presenter or moderator for the 2019 conference. Here are the details:

Presenter - You will develop and present a topic of your choice. Do you want to present, but don't know what topic to choose? We have a list of topics that the 2019 OASFAA Program Committee has come up with... feel free to steal any of these ideas.

NSLDS and Clearinghouse

How to Stay Sane in a Insane FA World

Ground Zero Training

Private Lending/Alternative Loans

Year Round Pell (Standard and Clock Hour) and Census Dates

Early Packaging/Award Letters (Roundtable?)

Crowd Source Funding (Verizon no cost to student)

Life After Perkins

Business Officer Training (Cash Management, G5, Reconciliation)

BBAY Awarding

EDExpress (Clock Hour)

Verification

Roundtables (School type, Technology, Staff Levels)

Comment Codes on Citizenship

Special Circumstances

BASIC Tax Filing Status

Are you a director and have awesome employees? Please encourage your staff to take this opportunity to challenge themselves. Presenting is not only a great way to improve skills, but it's a great networking opportunity and helps FAA's get recognized as an expert in the industry! Also... Directors... if you have an awesome counterpart in your Business Office, please, please, please... reach out to them and ask if they would be willing to present on topics such as G5, Reconciliation and Cash Management... all from a Business Office perspective. We want to provide a place for new (and some old) Business Officers to learn the rules and regs that are needed on their side of the house for financial aid, but we need some good presenters!

Moderator - You will make sure the room is set up, address any needs of the presenter and welcome attendees as they come in the room. Then you will be responsible for starting the session on time by saying a short welcome and introducing the presenter for that session. Lastly, you will help the presenter end on time and facilitating a Q&A session at the end (if the presenter is ok with Q&A). Being a moderator is a great way to introduce yourself to a number in the industry!

If you have an interest in performing either of these tasks, please email me at m.rinehart at sscok.edu<mailto:m.rinehart at sscok.edu>! Or if you have any questions/doubts, email me those too! EVERYONE has something they can offer to the group so whether you've been doing financial aid for 5 or 50 years! Please consider helping us out! It really is a lot of fun!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to one and all!

On behalf of the 2019 OASFAA Program Committee,
Melanie Rinehart, MBA
Director of Financial Assistance
2701 Boren Blvd
P.O. Box 351
Seminole, OK 74868
Office: 405.382.9717
Fax: 405.382.9579
m.rinehart at sscok.edu

Electronic correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the Oklahoma Open Records Act and may be disclosed to third parties. This correspondence is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and/or entity named as recipient(s) in the message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material. Thank you.