[Oasfaa] NASFAA Conference Mentor Task Force

Schmerer, Mendy M. (HSC) Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu
Thu Mar 28 09:26:26 CDT 2019

If you are attending the NASFAA Conference this year, this is a great opportunity for you! NASFAA continues to look for volunteer mentors who are willing to be paired up with first-time conference attendees. NASFAA is looking for those who have attended the conference previously and who are willing to meet with those who are new to the NASFAA experience (but aren't necessarily new to financial aid.) I've done this several times before, and while sometimes it has meant just a quick check-in with that first time attendee at the conference to see how the conference experience is going, with others I have maintained a relationship since that conference, expanding my own personal network of friends and colleagues in financial aid.

It can be a high impact opportunity to volunteer with a rather small time commitment. Like any volunteer opportunity, it is what you make of it.

Volunteers Needed for NASFAA's 2019 Conference Mentor Task Force

Attending the NASFAA National Conference for the first time can be an overwhelming experience, even more so if you are attending alone. We are in need of NASFAA members to help these first-time attendees have a great time and come back year after year. While NASFAA has always hosted a welcome reception for first-time attendees and other networking events, we continue to look for creative ways to help first-time attendees connect with colleagues.

All members of this task force will be required to attend the 2019 NASFAA Conference and participate in conference mentor activities just prior to the conference and on-site. Please review the task force charter on the volunteer information page<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.nasfaa.org_volunteer-5Fopportunities-3F&d=DwMGaQ&c=VjzId-SM5S6aVB_cCGQ0d3uo9UfKByQ3sI6Audoy6dY&r=Jq3xh6v4hctMZ8-WfGI7l1KQkk2y_HMT2GFL5zfHaho&m=Z4MPs-DNbZRef3NjbGcJJjX4oKjNVTB8rYIFtagb_eM&s=qmupoohuK3LI6PM1YMaK_K_wRK8Etw86EpKBfu-Cy98&e=> (https://www.nasfaa.org/volunteer_opportunities<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.nasfaa.org_volunteer-5Fopportunities&d=DwMGaQ&c=VjzId-SM5S6aVB_cCGQ0d3uo9UfKByQ3sI6Audoy6dY&r=Jq3xh6v4hctMZ8-WfGI7l1KQkk2y_HMT2GFL5zfHaho&m=Z4MPs-DNbZRef3NjbGcJJjX4oKjNVTB8rYIFtagb_eM&s=Hf1o83JPzgyg_9QkAD7zW8XHTbHKUm3J3i1WkKxZu5w&e=>?) and complete the volunteer form by March 29, 2019 if interested.

Thanks!

Mendy Schmerer, M.Ed.
Director, Office of Student Financial Aid
865 University Research Park, Suite 240
Oklahoma City, OK  73104
(405) 271-2118, x 48817 (p)
(405) 271-5446 (f)
Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu<mailto:Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu>
http://www.ouhsc.edu/financialservices/SFA/

[FB-f-Logo__blue_29] Become our fan on Facebook:  www.facebook.com/OUHSCFinancialAid<http://www.facebook.com/OUHSCFinancialAid>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email, including any attachments, contains information from The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, which may be confidential or privileged.  The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.