[Oasfaa] OASFAA website

Schmerer, Mendy M. (HSC) Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu
Thu Feb 27 13:48:20 CST 2020

Good afternoon, OASFAA!

I have the pleasure of serving as your OASFAA Electronic Initiatives Chair, and one of my primary responsibilities is oasfaaok.org<https://www.oasfaaok.org/>. Many of you are probably wondering when Spring Training and Conference registration will become available. Soon, I promise!

I have been working on converting our website to a new platform, and it's very nearly ready. It's hosted by a company called Wild Apricot, and some of you might think it has a familiar feel to it. SWASFAA<https://www.swasfaa.org/> converted to Wild Apricot last year, and the OASFAA page will have many of the same functions that you might now be familiar with when logging in at SWASFAA's site. If you see the site name as oaosfaa.wildapricot.org, that's OK. It's just a browser cache issue, so you'll want to refresh your page or clear your cache. But it's not a phishing site or a scam, I promise!

A few things you'll need to know about our new site:

*         If you exist in the membership database, you have your own unique profile, so you can log in as a user with your own password.

o   To at least try and keep my email brief, I've created some brief instructions<https://www.oasfaaok.org/page-18165> that you'll want to look at to help you out.

o   Each institution is considered a "bundle," and each institution has a "bundle administrator." In most circumstances, the Director is the bundle administrator. If that's you, you'll want to look at both sets of instructions so you know what to do in order to maintain the accuracy of those who are in your bundle.

o   As before, the membership directory currently exists as member-only content, so if you have not yet paid your membership, you can still access the site and your profile, but you cannot access the directory.

o   If your membership has lapsed, once registration is open, you will not be able to register at the member rate until your status is updated.

o   I encourage each of you to please log in and view your profile for accuracy. If you do nothing else, please populate the 2 fields that tell us how long you've been in this amazing field of student financial aid.

*         The payment processing component of our new site is not yet functional, but will be within the next 24-48 hours. This will allow you to:

o   Renew and pay your institution's membership dues online, and

o   Register and pay for events like Spring Training and the annual Conference.

If you see that your membership status is "Lapsed" and you are certain you've paid your 2019 - 2020 OASFAA membership dues, you'll need to reach out to Traci Franks, tfranks at mscok.edu<mailto:tfranks at mscok.edu>, OASFAA Treasurer. If you need to pay your dues (and want to pay online), please be patient while we work to finish the online payment component of things. Once this portion of the site is ready, additional emails will go out so you know it's ready for you!

There is still some cosmetic polishing to do, and I am still at work to make our site as helpful and easy as possible.

I appreciate your patience!

Mendy Schmerer, MEd, CFAA
Director, Office of Student Financial Aid | SWASFAA President, 2020
865 University Research Park, Suite 240 | Oklahoma City, OK  73104
O (405) 271-2118, x 48817 | F (405) 271-5446
Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu<mailto:Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu>
https://financialservices.ouhsc.edu/Departments/Student-Financial-Aid
www.facebook.com/OUHSCFinancialAid<http://www.facebook.com/OUHSCFinancialAid>
[Certified Financial Aid Administrator(tm) (CFAA) - sha256$dd67125bf7320df2abed03a5a6c59141f0a5ed526f6bf29eb1ccf990f13996d8]
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email, including any attachments, contains information from The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, which may be confidential or privileged.  The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.