[Oasfaa] Question for schools going to online classes

Jonna Raney Jonna.Raney at okbu.edu
Fri Mar 13 09:52:53 CDT 2020

OBU has not make the decision to go to online but it is being considered and planned for if we decide to do that at some point.

My question is, is your school planning to pay work study students and/or non-work study for time they "would have worked" "planned to work" whatever? You've prob read the info but here's a new article from NASFAA today and a link to the dear colleague referenced.

https://www.nasfaa.org/news-item/21181/Trending_AskRegs_Q_A_Can_Students_Be_Paid_FWS_When_the_School_Does_Not_Close_Sends_All_Students_Home_and_Moves_All_Classes_Online_Due_to_Coronavirus?fbclid=IwAR0z68p-pMLKZq6dsKU7DR9SkEoOdA50jD7m7om39MWEcO3jfr-1TLFWpeY

Here's the Dear Colleague letter referenced in the article.

https://ifap.ed.gov/electronic-announcements/030520Guidance4interruptionsrelated2CoronavirusCOVID19

Thanks in advance!
Jonna

[Oklahoma Baptist University]