[Oasfaa] Come Serve with US!!

Melanie Rinehart M.Rinehart at sscok.edu
Mon Nov 2 08:02:00 CST 2020

Good morning OASFAA!

I hope everyone is staying warm and healthy! I hope you will allow me to intrude on just a couple of your precious minutes this morning to "talk" a little bit about OASFAA and the top 5 reasons why I LOVE serving on the board...

I got involved with OASFAA because a good friend asked me to serve with her as a co-chair on the Conference Committee and I had so much fun! It was a challenge for sure, but how gratifying it was to see all of our hard work pay off through watching my fellow colleagues learn and network. From there I've held various committee positions and then last year was honored to be elected as your secretary. That brings us to this year and the Treasurer Elect position. Now I will fully admit that I was not "excited" about this position, but there was a need... I was asked and well... I have a hard time saying no. However, just in the short time I have served in this position, I am very excited about it because it is going to challenge to me to learn skills I've not tapped into before and I look forward to serving as Treasurer next year.

So what does a Treasurer Elect do? Well... The Treasurer-Elect assists the Treasurer by learning procedures for the responsible receipt and disbursement of funds in accordance with the directives established by the Directors/Officers. The Treasurer-Elect assists the Treasurer in maintaining appropriate and adequate financial records and will assist in the preparation of the audited annual financial report to the Association. The Treasurer-Elect shall fully prepare for transition to the position of Treasurer by the end of the one-year term of service.

So here are my top 5 reasons why I serve in OASFAA (I sincerely hope they might inspire/motivate you to serve)...

  1.  Lifelong friendships... when you work so hard on collective goals, you can't help but get attached to the wonderful people you serve with.
  2.  Bettering the profession and myself... OASFAA's main goal is to help educate financial aid administrators in Oklahoma to be the best FAA's we can be. There hasn't been one single educational opportunity that I haven't learned something myself!
  3.  It's fun... it's hard work, but we have fun doing it.
  4.  Networking... there have been soooo many times when I was stumped on a situation with financial aid that I was able to reach out to one (or more) of my OASFAA friends and got help solving/researching it.
  5.  It's a gateway to many opportunities... through my involvement with OASFAA, I have had the privilege of also serving with SWASFAA and getting to meet/know some of the NASFAA staff including Mr. Draeger and Mrs. Dana Kelly.

Well if you've made it this far... thanks so much for reading! If you're ready to volunteer... just shoot me an email at m.rinehart at sscok.edu<mailto:m.rinehart at sscok.edu> and we'll chat!

Directors... I issue a challenge to each one of you to identify someone in your office that might be looking for some professional/personal growth opportunities and encourage them to volunteer! You and they won't be sorry!

Sincerely,
Melanie Rinehart, MBA FAAC
Director of Financial Assistance
2701 Boren Blvd
P.O. Box 351
Seminole, OK 74868
Office: 405.382.9717
Fax: 405.382.9579
m.rinehart at sscok.edu<mailto:m.rinehart at sscok.edu>
[cid:image001.png at 01D6B0EA.52F2FBA0][cid:image004.png at 01D6B0EE.6F9FFFB0]

Electronic correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the Oklahoma Open Records Act and may be disclosed to third parties. This correspondence is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and/or entity named as recipient(s) in the message. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material. Thank you.