[Oasfaa] OASFAA Training Committee Volunteers! We are calling on YOU!

Sanders, Diana diana.sanders at okstate.edu
Mon Feb 8 21:35:29 CST 2021

Hi OASFAA! I hope everyone is having a fantastic spring semester and surviving this latest winter storm.  Your training committee would like to take a few minutes of your time today to encourage you to become involved in OASFAA!

I have been in financial aid since 2006 but only became involved with OASFAA about two years ago. If it were not for the pleading of someone on the board, I would not have become involved at all!  Initially I didn't think I had anything substantial to offer to the association, so I said no! And if you say the same thing, that you have NOTHING to offer, you are wrong! We ALL have something to contribute and THAT is substantial! OASFAA is more than just camaraderie, building networks, and offering support to others in the form of training, support, and outreach but it is also about receiving these things in return from colleagues and growing TOGETHER!

We are always looking for volunteers to work with us on the training committee and we promise, your contributions are NEEDED for our success as an association and as a committee! So, this is ME pleading with YOU to become involved! Let us help you find YOUR place in OASFAA! Don't think training is your thing? Guess what? We have several options for volunteer opportunities, just let us know!

One last thing, we will be having our Roundtable Training Event on Thursday, March 4 from 2-4 PM. Registration is now open! We ask that everyone register so we can get an idea of the number of attendees.  https://www.oasfaaok.org/eventcalendar.

Please send your suggestions on things you would like to have discussed to either Teri Cochran at cochrant at nsu.edu<mailto:cochrant at nsu.edu> or Diana Sanders at diana.sanders at okstate.edu<mailto:diana.sanders at okstate.edu> by March 2.

Oklahoma Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators - Event calendar<https://www.oasfaaok.org/eventcalendar>
This year instead of a formal spring training we will be having a roundtable discussion event. The purpose will be to discuss the new rules and regulations mentioned during the FSA conference (R2T4 for modules, SAP changes etc.), HEERF II, or anything else that individuals would like to discuss or receive suggestion on best practices.
www.oasfaaok.org

YOUR OASFAA Training Committee Co-Chairs

Teri Cochran and Diana Sanders