[Oasfaa] Student Account Balance and Collections

Tirzah G. Knight tknight at okwu.edu
Fri Nov 19 12:09:02 CST 2021

Hi,

Our Bursar keeps asking for a copy of the student's MPN when sending a student to collections as documentation the student understood there were financial obligations with going to school. I'm not really comfortable giving this to the collections company because the outstanding balance doesn't have anything to do with the MPN.

So I'm wondering what is common/best practice at your institution?

Sincerely,

Tirzah Knight
Student Services Office
Director of Financial Aid
o: 918.335.6252  |  f: 918.335.6252

Oklahoma Wesleyan University
2201 Silver Lake Road, Bartlesville, OK 74006
okwu.edu<http://www.okwu.edu/>

OKWU Eagles Reminders:

  *   Complete your 22-23 FAFSA<StudentAid.gov>
  *   Review your aid offer & missing docs in the FA portal<FinAidApply.okwu.edu>
  *   Send us your documents by taking a picture and using OKWU Upload<https://www.okwu.edu/upload/>. We cannot accept emailed documents.
  *   Financial Aid FAQs<https://www.okwu.edu/admissions/financial-aid/faq/>
  *   Need more help? Send me an email, and I am happy to call, Zoom, or text.