[Oasfaa] An announcement

Schmerer, Mendy M. (HSC) Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu
Fri Jun 16 18:00:51 CDT 2023

Friends, I wouldn't ordinarily hijack the listserv for personal reasons, but I'm going to take the liberty today. I know there will inevitably be individuals who I'll miss if I try to make one-off notifications, so I apologize for adding one more email to your inbox by using the listserv.

I have given my notice to OUHSC, and after 23 years of service to this institution, and 20 years in financial aid, my final day here will be July 14th. As of July 24th, I'll be Blue Icon's newest team member, joining them as Compliance and Project Manager. I'm very excited about this change in roles, but I cherish my time on the school side of the work. Working to help students and families navigate the complexities of financial aid is vital and valuable work, but I have found that what brings me real satisfaction is helping FAAs navigate all of it too. I have had a tremendous number of opportunities over the years to get involved in associational work, getting to know colleagues at other schools, across this great state, in our SWASFAA region, and around the nation, and I call many of them more than colleagues, but dear friends.

If you've never had the opportunity to get involved with the association, I hope that you do. If you've never taken that chance, I can't encourage you enough to do so. It will make you better at what you do, and in ways you can't even quantify.

Have a wonderful weekend, and I will see you around!

Mendy Schmerer, MEd, FAAC(r)
Director, Office of Student Financial Aid | SWASFAA President, 2020 - 2021
865 University Research Park, Suite 240 | Oklahoma City, OK  73104
O (405) 271-2118, x 48817 | F (405) 271-5446
Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu<mailto:Mendy-Schmerer at ouhsc.edu>
https://financialservices.ouhsc.edu/Student-Financial-Aid

*My final day at OUHSC will be July 14th. Please send your emails to financial-aid at ouhsc.edu<mailto:financial-aid at ouhsc.edu> any time after that to be directed to the appropriate person.

[FAAC_logo_101520]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email, including any attachments, contains information from The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, which may be confidential or privileged.  The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by a "reply to sender only" message and destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including attachments.