[Oasfaa] FAD position available in Iowa

DanGHolt at aol.com DanGHolt at aol.com
Wed Feb 21 09:26:18 CST 2001

I've been offered an opportunity at UNI, that I've decided I can not say
no to.  I will begin on April 2, 2001 as the Executive Assistant to the
President.  Yes, I'm going to work directly for Dr. Koob.  I'm looking
forward to the opportunity and the many new challenges and adventures
this position will bring.  I will however miss all the wonderful
individuals in the financial aid arena.  I'm sure I'll still keep in
touch with many through this wonderful medium of "electronic mail".
Anyway, I wanted to make sure all interested individuals are aware of
the great opportunity that exists at Hawkeye Community College.

Application deadline is March 2, 2001 to apply for the Director of
Financial Aid/Veterans Affairs position at HCC.  This is a great
opportunity for someone and there are many positive events occurring in
this office.
+ new automated computer system is running well
+ direct lending is operating well
+ academic progress standards are automated
+ excellent staff
+ great support from the VP of Student Services
+ great administrative/management opportunity
+ no institutional funds to administer
+ administer only federal and state funds
+ clean audits
+ low default rate (runs between 9.0 and 10.5%)
+ automated packaging
+ automated document tracking
+ work closely w/ group of 7 other FA Directors and the programming
staff (ACCES group)

These are just some of the wonderful things about the position.....

If you have any questions, please send me a note or call me directly at
319-296-4211.   I hope someone with some Financial Aid experience is
interested .....and I'd welcome the opportunity to work with someone
before I leave.

Take Care..........Brenda Buzynski