[Oasfaa] Spring OTAG Awards

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Thu Mar 8 13:48:18 CST 2001

Good Afternoon,

There appears to be some confusion regarding new awards for spring 2001,
particularly with regard to the availability of funds for additional awards.
For clarification purposes, be advised that at the beginning of the spring
2001 semester all available OTAG funds for the 2000-2001 award year were
committed, and we were in fact overcommitted in expectation of spring
disbursement cancellations.  IF funds become available, through award
cancellations, sufficient to accommodate additional new awards, the awards
will be on a very limited basis and will be offered for the spring semester
only with no funding offered for the past fall semester.

At this time, additional funding commitments are limited to reinstating or
transferring for spring those students who were previously awarded OTAG for
2000-2001.  Due to the number of Confirmation Reports with outstanding
disbursements and the number of Disbursement Reports outstanding and due for
return to OTAG, we are not prepared to make a decision regarding additional
new awards at this time.

Please be reminded that April 30 is the deadline for reporting changes or
updates to OTAG for spring semester activity.  It should be noted, however,
that meeting this deadline does not ensure that funds will be available to
accommodate a request for funds.  Also, please be reminded that non-renewal
applicants with EFCs greater than 1500, although eligible, will not be
considered for awards.  Renewal applicants who qualify at any level of EFC
up to 4800 in 2000-2001 can be considered IF funds are available.

You can help us in our effort to determine funds availability by clearing on
your Confirmation Reports all awards for which you do not plan to report
"ready to disburse" and by promptly returning your Disbursement Reports
along with all unissued funds.

Please do not hesitate to contact the OTAG office if you have questions
regarding OTAG awards for 2000-2001.

Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 3020
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-3020
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 858-4356	Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 858-4391