[Oasfaa] T.E.A.C.H.

Myrna Cross mjcross at western.cc.ok.us
Wed Mar 21 16:01:14 CST 2001

Good Afternoon!

A student gave us a copy of a letter today that she received from the
T.E.A.C.H. program concerning her scholarship contract with them.  The
letter basically says that the contracts have been amended and that
students who receive Pell grants after T.E.A.C.H. has paid their tution,
must pay the T.E.A.C.H. program back the amount of their tution, fees
and books.

I called Sue Tabor because this was different than what we had discussed
with them at Fall OASFAA.  She says that a new contract is being sent
out to the college presidents outlining the changes and basically
T.E.A.C.H. doesn't want to even pay any of their charges until the end
of each semester!

Have any of you been contacted about these changes?  We try to have our
billing done way before the end of the semester.  I told her I wasn't
sure if the colleges would approve this or not.  She said it would have
to be taken up with the Regent's Office.

I just wondered if any of you had heard about the changes and if you
have concerns.
Thanks,
Myrna Cross
WOSC