[Oasfaa] Reminder About OTAG Renewals

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Thu May 10 12:17:13 CDT 2001

Good Morning,

As we continue with year two of "phasing out" renewal priority for OTAG
applicants, be reminded that the fact a student received OTAG funds in the
previous award year no longer automatically qualifies them as a renewal.

In 2001-2002 a renewal applicant is one who:

*	received OTAG funds in 1999-2000, and
*	received OTAG funds in 2000-2001 WHILE CONTINUING IN THEIR INITIAL
DEGREE PROGRAM, and
*	continues in 2001-2002 in their initial degree program and is
otherwise eligible at any eligible level of EFC or EFI

Initial degree program is defined as the undergraduate or graduate level
program the student was working toward when they LAST received OTAG funds
during the 1999-2000 award year.

Example:  If a student received a 1999-2000 OTAG award as an undergraduate,
received a 2000-2001 award as an undergraduate, and continues as an
undergraduate in 2001-2002, they are a renewal.  If this same student
enrolls in a graduate program in 2001-2002, they would not be a renewal
because they would not be continuing in their initial degree program.

We realize renewals will get more tedious to identify as we continue to move
forward until they are eventually phased out.  We will continue to assist
you in identifying your renewal applicants by displaying a renewal indicator
on all reports issued by OTAG.  Additionally, if you would like to receive a
name and SSN list (paper is the only option available) of your 2001-2002
renewal applicants, we can provide one at any time upon request.  Please
call the OTAG office or send e-mail to reports at otag.org if you wish to
receive a list of your renewal applicants.

Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 3020
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-3020
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 234-4356    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 234-4392