[Oasfaa] About the OU Job Posting

Pam McConahay pmcconahay at ou.edu
Thu May 17 18:21:29 CDT 2001

OK, I've had how many e-mails asking about this job?  Since I'm known for
laying it on
the line, here's my take on the OU job posting:

a)  yes, there is a University policy about doing a search for
administrative
& executive level positions, so yes, there is an issue of protocol.

b)  no, we're not posting it just for protocol's sake.  We really are
serious about this search,
and I've been excited that we are going to do it since Matt got promoted
back in November. In
fact, I've been an absolute NAG (me at work, a pregnant wife at home, the
poor guy gets it
coming & going....).

c)  no, I will not apply.   (Actually, I said "do you see CRAZY written
across my forehead?",
but then somebody said YES.....)        I HAVE the job I want, the
director's job
here is a lot more than I can or want to do!   I have NO DESIRE to manage a
big
budget & deal with the president & all that stuff....I LIKE sitting in my
corner, figuring out policy & operations issues.  I've found my "niche" and
if I can just stop
eating so much, I should continue to fit in it for quite a while.  Of
course, I don't get the
really good seats in the stadium like Matt does......but then, not every
year is a national championship season, either.

So, if you're considering applying and are worried you will hurt my
feelings,
don't be.  I'm really not that sensitive and I'm feeling JUST
FINE....however, Matthew is looking PRETTY pooped.

Pam McConahay
Asst Dir., Compliance & Support Svcs
University of Oklahoma Financial Aid Services
731 Elm, Rm 125, Norman OK 73019-2111
(405) 325-4617, fax (405) 325-7608
pmcconahay at ou.edu