[Oasfaa] Potential For Additional Awards

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Tue Oct 30 15:55:01 CST 2001

Good Afternoon,

At this time it does appear that we will be able to move the OTAG award
cutoff date; however, before we proceed we are asking one more time (OK,
begging and pleading for feedback to the point of possibly being annoying!)
if there are any remaining schools that have significant numbers of
applicants yet to be reported to OTAG with "packaged" status.  Based on
available funds and applications with award potential that have been
reported to OTAG with "packaged" status as of today, it appears that we may
be able to move the cutoff date several days past the current May 4 cutoff.
This comes as somewhat of a surprise to us since we did initially adjust the
cutoff to take into account the new funding received for 2001-2002.

After discussing the awarding situation with some of you at the conference
last week, it appears that the volume meeting the initial awarding cutoff
may just be down when compared to last year.  This coupled with the fact
that we're still working to establish an awarding history comfort level
since implementing the EFC formula, we ask that bear with us as we proceed
with great caution.

We would really appreciate hearing THIS WEEK from anyone who still has
updates to report to the OTAG office.  Thank you for your assistance and
your understanding.

Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 3020
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-3020
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9456    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392