[Oasfaa] Bizarro World

Mc Conahay, Pamela K pmcconahay at ou.edu
Mon Dec 3 14:37:19 CST 2001

I've been inundated with comments from people who expected more from
me following the OSU victory over OU on Nov. 24.  Frankly, I agree with
Bob Stoops....OSU outplayed us and deserve our congratulations.

Boy, did saying that feel weird or what?!!  Even weirder....Charlie Bruce
wearing
a crimson tie at SWASFAA?!!  The Weirdest:  watching the last quarter
of the Big 12 Championship game and finding myself ROOTING FOR TEXAS?!!!!
(I hollered & clapped for that last Texas touchdown before I realized what I

was doing!)

In case everyone who sent this to me (Charlie Bruce was first) forgot to
send it to you....a little OSU vs OU humor:
Norman, OK (AP)
"Oklahoma University Athletic Director Joe Castiglione announced
today that, due to recent developments, the renovations at Owen Field
are well ahead of schedule and will come in under costs. Seems over
71,000 fans s**t a brick during the fourth quarter of the bedlam
football game,  providing the necessary materials to begin work right away."

Then, a story on the front page of today's Norman Transcript (for real!)
entitled:
"Stadium Renovation Now on Accelerated Schedule"!   To read the
full story, go to http://www.zwire.com/site/news.asp?brd=1285
<http://www.zwire.com/site/news.asp?brd=1285>  and scroll
down.

I think I'm living in a parallel universe..........

Pam McConahay
Asst Dir., Compliance & Support Svcs
University of Oklahoma Financial Aid Services
731 Elm, Rm 125, Norman OK 73019-2111
(405) 325-4617, fax (405) 325-7608
pmcconahay at ou.edu