[Oasfaa] Fall OTAG Updates

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Thu Dec 6 09:01:05 CST 2001

Good Morning,

It appears that some folks may have misunderstood regarding the OTAG
November 30 deadline for reporting packaged status, requesting fall award
transfers or reinstates, or requesting disbursement
adjustments or supplements (basically any transaction that would result in
an award payment in the fall semester).

Trusting that schools would be able to adhere to the deadline which was
announced several times, we made what we expected to be final fall award
commitments earlier this week, and our funding commitments were comfortably
determined based on our belief that we had received all updates expected.
We now find that a few students have been left out through no fault of their
own because the deadline was not met by their school.  We are offering a
one-time, one-day reprieve from the deadline.  If you have any additional
students to report to OTAG (and we are absolutely not expecting to hear from
any school regarding a significant volume of students -- our funds are
already comfortably over committed) do so by 5:00 p.m. today, December 6,
2001.  Again, we are not expecting to receive, nor can we accommodate, any
significant volume of additional transactions.

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE FOR FALL DISBURSEMENT ACTIVITY -- NO
ADDITIONAL EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.  Folks, for the good of the whole we
have to reach a point where the deadlines set by OTAG are meaningful, and we
request your future cooperation in this effort.

Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 3020
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-3020
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9456    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392