[Oasfaa] OTAG Reminders

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Mon Jan 14 17:00:34 CST 2002

Good Afternoon,

We have some reminders regarding OTAG reporting activities:

If you have outstanding fall semester OTAG disbursement reporting, we need
your assistance in wrapping it up now.  Most schools received disbursements
in December, and it's time (and in many cases past time) to close those late
disbursements out.   We need your assistance in identifying all available
funds as soon as possible.

You should be aware that our funding situation for spring 2002 is very
tight.  We are in a LEAP/SLEAP matching funds situation where we will need
to expend ALL state funds available in order to meet our required matching
commitments.  This means that we will have to constantly stay on top of all
available funds, and we will need your assistance to do so.

*	Submit your completed Confirmation Reports, reporting "ready to
disburse" as soon as you can, preferably after your drop and add period has
ended.
*	As soon as you know a student will not be using funds committed for
their attendance at your institution, please report that circumstance on a
Confirmation Report so the funds can be committed to another student as
quickly as possible.
*	Disbursement Reports must be completed and returned (along with all
unissued funds) within 30 days of receipt.  In the past many schools have
considerably overextended this 30-day requirement.  In our present funding
situation, we just cannot accommodate longer periods of time for completing
disbursement reporting.  Please make sure whoever on your campus is
responsible for completing disbursement activities on your behalf is aware
that OTAG will be holding them to the 30-day reporting requirement, and that
exceptions cannot be made.

EXCEL SPREADSHEET CONFIRMATION REPORT USERS:
If your school processes OTAG Confirmation Reports in the Excel spreadsheet
format, be sure that when you open the spreadsheet you click on the button
that will ENABLE THE MACROS.  This will ensure that the Update Column is
automatically populated with a "Y" when you enter "Y" in the Ready to
Disburse column.  As some of you have already rediscovered this semester,
without a "Y" in the Update Column, your report will fail in processing.

We thank your for your assistance and look forward to working with you to
deliver OTAG funds to your students.  If you have questions or need
additional information, please contact the OTAG office at 405.225.9456 or
toll free at 877.662.6231 or send e-mail to reports at otag.org.

Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 3020
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-3020
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9456    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392