[Oasfaa] Lights, Camera, Action- Cash for College Update

Edington, Rick redington at ogslp.org
Wed Jan 16 10:25:24 CST 2002

As you know, the "Cash for College" program airs this Thursday night from
8:00 - 9:00 PM  on OETA.  This live show is a collaborative effort between
OASFAA, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, OGSLP and our
generous sponsors.  Much effort and promotion has gone into the production
of this show to ensure that students and parents are better aware of the
financial aid process and many alternatives available to fund their college
expenses.  Listed below is a brief project update as we get close to the
on-air date.

Promotion:  Thanks to the generosity of our financial sponsors, we were able
to secure statewide radio and newspaper ads, Cox Cable advertising and OETA
ads.  The radio ads are scheduled to begin today and include a variety of
types of stations from pop/rock to country and talk radio stations.
Additionally, flyers have been mailed to high school counselors, high school
principals and school superintendents throughout the state advertising the
program.

We would like to publicly thank the following sponsors for their generous
support:

OETA Sponsor Listing:  Oklahoma College Savings Plan ($7,500), Stillwater
National Bank ($2,500), Nelnet Educational Services ($2,500), Oklahoma
Student Loan Authority ($2,500), Sallie Mae ($2,500), Bank of Oklahoma
($1,000), Bank One ($500), Arvest Bank ($250), Tinker Credit Union ($250),
Local Oklahoma Bank ($250), Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
($5,000), and the Oklahoma Guaranteed Student Loan Program ($5,000).

Website Promotion:  Also attached to this message are links to the following
websites:  OETA, OASFAA, Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE)
Student Center and OGSLP web site.  These sites contain information about
the program and links to the OSRHE Student Center site.  The Student Center
site includes information about the program and the ability to view the live
webcast from the site.  Once the program has aired, this site will also
reflect information about each individual segment, inclusive of that portion
of the webcast.

http://www.oeta.onenet.net/

http://www.oasfaa.net/

http://www.okhighered.org/student-center/

http://www.ogslp.org/

Press Release:  We've also attached a link to the press release.  Please
feel free to share this information with your students, co-workers, friends
and family.  Some of the best promotion out there is word of mouth!

http://www.okhighered.org/whatsnew/archives/cash-for-college.html

Finally, Tuesday many of your colleagues met here at OGSLP to practice their
segments of the program, and to figure out if we can fit all this
information into one hour, and we DID it!  Yahoo!

Phone bank volunteers are still coming in.  If you are a practicing aid
administrator and are able to help and haven't contacted us yet, please
contact  Katherine Benton at (405) 382-9247, Rick Edington at (405) 234-4333
or Mary Mowdy at (405) 234-4310, and we'll get you directions to OETA and an
agenda for the night.

So, even if you can't be involved, remember to pass on the word about the
program, enjoy watching your friends and colleagues on LIVE television and
keep all of us involved in your thoughts!

Katherine Benton, Mary Mowdy, Rick Edington

Rick Edington, Associate Director for
Operations & Client Services
Oklahoma Guaranteed Student Loan Program
redington at ogslp.org
(800) 247-0420; (405) 234-4333
Fax:  (405) 234-4391