[Oasfaa] What a Run!!!

Mc Conahay, Pamela K pmcconahay at ou.edu
Sun Mar 31 22:54:53 CST 2002

No, it's no April fool's joke, I'm really celebrating the OU women's
performance in the national championship game.  Yes, I know they lost.  No,
I haven't lost ALL my marbles.  If you had started watching these girls play
3 years ago (when they didn't have reserved seats because you could
literally have a whole section to yourself), you'd realize just how far
they've come in such a short time.  I'm just so VERY PROUD of every one of
them and thank them for the wonderful run, it has really made my heart soar.
My husband says he's going to have to put me on heavy medication or
investigate cryogenic storage until the next season starts.

Yes, I'm proud of the guys too and I'm sorry that they didn't make it to the
finals.  I'm sorry that the Big 12 isn't represented in the men's final but,
as for me, I'm rooting for Indiana tomorrow night.  Why?  I know some really
good folks from Indiana, but mostly because I want to see the look on Bobby
Knight's face when IU finally wins the Final Four without him.  HA!!!

And, I'm also very proud of all the other Oklahoma schools who have
performed well in their conferences....we have some national champions in
Oklahoma and you folks need to toot their horns out here too!!!

BTW:  I won't be at OASFAA this week.  No, I'm not afraid of seeing you all
in grass skirts;  with these tight budget times I "traded" OASFAA to attend
the NASFAA Best Practices Symposium in Dallas later this month.  Have a good
time and be careful with the pina coladas, they can sneak up on you!

Pam McConahay