[Oasfaa] New Awards

Joyner, Shiela sjoyner at otag.org
Tue Apr 2 09:38:52 CST 2002

Good Morning,

Today we are issuing 2001-2002 Award Rosters containing new awards for
students reported with "packaged" status whose applications were received
through May 20, 2001.  Previously the cutoff was applications received
through May 15, 2001.

We have experienced an exceptionally high rate of cancellations in the
spring semester which resulted in more funds than expected becoming
available for recommitment.  Unfortunately, a significant portion of these
available funds were just recently made known to the OTAG office through
cancellations on Confirmation Reports.  As announced earlier in the year, we
are obligated to expend all of the state funds available in order to meet
our matching commitment for our federal LEAP/SLEAP allocation, and these
additional award commitments are necessary in order to meet that obligation.

You are encouraged to continue sending updates for your students for
possible spring award consideration.

We look forward to seeing many of you at the OASFAA conference.  If you have
questions concerning these new awards, please contact our office or see
Peggy or myself at the conference.

Shiela Joyner, Director
Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program
P. O.  Box 108850
Oklahoma City, OK 73101-8850
Internet:  sjoyner at otag.org
Voice: (405) 225-9456    Toll Free (877) 662-6231
Fax: (405) 225-9392