[Oasfaa] Auto zero formula

Larry Hollingsworth Larry_Hollingsworth at mail.okbu.edu
Thu May 9 15:15:01 CDT 2002

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know when the auto zero requirement for a dependent student changed to include both the student and the parent not filing a 1040? I may be mistaken, but I was thinking it used to be only a parent requirement. Somehow, I totally missed the switch. Makes more sense to include both the parents and student, like the simple needs test, but that's why I was thinking used to be different - it didn't make sense before. Maybe it was corrected in a technical amendment.

Larry