[Oasfaa] It's Doxie Derby Time!!!

Mc Conahay, Pamela K pmcconahay at ou.edu
Wed Sep 18 07:46:05 CDT 2002

Ah, the hint of fall in the air.  Yes, it's time again for the DOXIE
DERBY!!!

Second Chance Animal Sanctuary in Norman is sponsoring their annual DOG DAY
event on Saturday, September 21st at Reeves Park in Norman.  There are many
different events during the day, but MY favorite is the Doxie Derby at noon.
You'll never see more dachshunds in one place at one time!

Yes, racing wieners from all around, all long, all low, all hilarious to
watch.  If you haven't seen it before, it's a HOOT.

Last year, Twinkie Ratliff of Weatherford retired after an unprecedented
THREE PEAT winning the Derby.  My dog Bismarck came in second!

Unfortunately,  we won't be in attendance this year.  My niece is getting
married on Saturday in Lawton and for some reason, the family thinks
attending her wedding is more important than the Derby.

So, if you're interested in Dog Day or the Derby in particular, I encourage
you to go.  Complete details, including a registration form with the
schedule of events, is available on the Second Chance website at
www.secondchanceok .   I hope OASFAA is represented and you all have a great
time!!

Pam McConahay
Asst. Director, Compliance & Support Services
University of Oklahoma Financial Aid Services
731 Elm, Rm 125 Norman OK 73019-2111
(405) 325-4617  Fax (405) 325-7608
pmcconahay at ou.edu