[Oasfaa] Documentation Question

jkw at osuokc.edu jkw at osuokc.edu
Mon Oct 28 08:25:42 CST 2002

Dear Colleagues -

We have a student that was suspended after the Spring 2002 semester, due to
all F's in all of her courses. (automatic suspension per our policy).

Today, we have received her written appeal for re-instatement for Spring
2003 Financial Aid.  Her reasoning for the unsuccessful semester is "I was
charged with a crime in February and had to stop school to go to work.  The
stress and anxiety has put me and my family under a lot of stress. Please
reinstate my financial aid and see attached".

That is the key "see attached".....The attached is a printout from the
OSCN, provided by the student about her case.  In review of the document,
the count against her is "OPJ, Racketeering".

Since she has been charged with a crime of obtaining money illegally, as by
bootlegging, fraud, or extortion (definition), should we, or can we
restrict future loan borrowing due to this information.  She also has a
high loan debt of $26,000 from attendance and borrowing at a Proprietary
school.

What say ye?

Jenny Wilson, Director
OSU - Oklahoma City