[Oasfaa] Re: Vocational Rehabilitation Notice of Resources Form

Thomas Ratliff RatlifT at swosu.edu
Wed Dec 4 15:46:58 CST 2002

Dear OASFAA,

I just sent the following letter to Lynda Collins of the Dept. of
Rehabilitation Services along with the list of contacts for those
institutions who supplied the data.  I will let you know if further
developments come towards an even more automated system of notification in
the future.

Please let me know when your institution receives their first Voc. Rehab.
notification via the new form.  I would like to track it's effectiveness
for us all.

Thomas

Hello Lynda,

I hope your Thanksgiving was a blessed time.

Attached is the contact list for OASFAA members who wanted to use the new
Vocational Rehabilitation Notice of Resources Form.  The list includes the
contacts for all of the Direct Payment schools (OSU still has a few items
to supply soon).  Also included is the contact data for other institutions
eager to utilize this system.

I have had some non-Direct Payment schools share concerns that a few of
their students have been paid directly because of going through Vocational
Rehabilitation counselors out of the school's area.  Those sharing these
concerns hoped that use of the form universally would ensure consistent
treatment for all of your clients.  I let them know I would share these
thoughts with you and their hope that the direct payment method would soon
be utilized for the entire state.

It is also still desired by a number of OASFAA members that the
notifications of awards could be made electronically in batches.  In
theory, this should be a straight-forward, relatively simple process to
accomplish.  I welcome the opportunity to meet with your database manager
or others you deem appropriate to see the feasibility of pursuing this in
the near future.  But for now, we are very thankful for your willingness to
work with us via this new form.

Please let me know if you have any questions or want to discuss this
process at any time.  I again thank you for your willingness to work with
us as we each try to help students succeed.

Sincerely,

Thomas M. Ratliff